Here you can find answers to the most common questions.
What is hospice?
Hospice is such a medical program, which centered the patient on giving him all kinds of quality care whether he is suffering due to disability of body functions or the person who is not curing through medication anymore. In these cases, doctors recommend the hospice services in which patients get some special home care or palliative care from the nurse or caregiver. This kind of service can be less than 5 to 6 months or maybe depend on patient health or deadline.
How do hospice or home services work?
Usually, when a family member suffers due to terminal illness, then family contact with hospice service for the special care of their beloved. A nurse or caregiver of hospice visits patients on daily bases to assess the medical need, and then the caregiver creates a plan to help the patient with controlling their disease in different aspects. Moreover, caregivers provide the medical equipment aid and help the family to educate how they should treat the patient.
What kind of people can be part of the hospice team?
The hospice team consists of almost eight professional people.
- Hospice physician
- Home care health ads
- Social worker
- Patient’s private physician
- Spiritual counselor
- Bereavement specialist
What kind of services home caregivers provide?
They provide home caregivers with several responsibilities.
- Assess the physical, psychological and spiritual of condition patient
- Provide all kind of drugs and medical supplies,
- Provide medical equipment ad
- Provide spiritual counseling to the patient to make him able to manage the emotional pain
- Educate the family about how to care the patient
- Educate the family about using or operate the medical equipment and safety
- Provide physical therapy and speech therapy or art music therapy, etc.
- Provide patient bereavement care
Who is eligible for home care?
Hospice or home care is for everyone who has to suffer from a terminal illness. Typically, each patient could use this service for less than six months, or sometimes, it depends on customer needs. Most of the hospice caregivers consider the patient and their family as one unit.
Where does the home care offer?
Most of the hospice’s patients use to take these services at their own homes. Some of them take this service at a hospital or nursing place due to congested home environment.